Part Replacement Photo

A home owner from Newport Beach, CA says:
Hi there! We are looking to repair quite a few windows in our home. I think the problem with most of them are with the handles. Often the handle has fallen off and so we cannot open or close. The other issue is that the handles that do remain on either spin easily without function or are very hard to turn and do not function. Most windows either have to remain closed or do not have the option to close and must stay open.

Hope this helps!
Profile picture of Jody
Jody from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting your jalousie window operator photos. It looks like the worm gear has come out of your operator, along with the handle. The worm gear cannot be replaced. You'll need a new operator.Take a look at our selection of jalousie operators and compare your measurements to see if you can find a good match. You may also want to consider one of our jalousie operator kits like 39-165, 39-165K and 39-346. These come with multiple options for the length of the terminal arm. It might be a good idea to check the operation of your louvres. If they don't open and close freely you can put undue stress on your operators.

A home owner from Newport Beach, CA says:
Thank you for your response. I sent two more pictures because it looks like I should either order the 39-165 or the 39-165K. I was not sure because of the top part on the straight piece. I can not tell which one I may have. I am thinking the 39-165. That part may not need to be replaced because it is actually the crank piece that does not work but I am going to order the whole kit just in case. Thanks for any additional suggestions,

Kristin and Lindsey
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0694.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0695.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 39-165 and 39-165K are pretty much the same operator, they just come with different link arm types. I honestly think you could probably get either to work, these link arms are very forgiving and you have some wiggle room.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)