Part from Shoe

A quick learner from Saint Louis, MO. says:
I recently moved into house to find a number of vinyl windows spiral balances have popped out from their shoes. I'm not sure of who made the windows and the "plastic" shoes look very difficult to replace. It looks like previous repairs have been made with a flat metal "hook" product (see pictures) that fit within the shoe. This "hook" is where the pin on the balance hooked in within the shoe.

Do you carry this hook product or know where I can find a replacement? Thanks.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A quick learner from Saint Louis, MO. says:
Upon looking closer, I think the "hook" was part of the original shoe. I've also found your cut out method on replacing the shoes. Does a replacement shoe need to be the same style as the original or can I replace it with something else that is the same size? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm afraid these hook clips are not available by themselves, so you will need a new pivot shoe entirely. You will need to make sure it's the same size, yes. Specifically, you want to make sure the width and thickness are the same. Height is not as important.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)