Patio Door Info. Needed

A home owner from Severna Park says:
Hi I need some help. I have a certainteed sliding door that has a broken lock. Last year I had a keyed lock installed on it and it worked beautifully for about a year. Just recently, the key broke in the lock. I thought I just needed to replace the lock but found that the pin that actually latches broke as well. So, I need to replace the locking mechanism in the door first and then install the locking handle. However, I dont have any idea what part I need and how to do it. Here is the information on the sash of the door. Perhaps this will enable you to help me? Darn, its not letting me attach a photo. okay. Here it is 630R0626.20 B2 W95 1/2 X 79 1/2 F 47 1/4 X 74 11/16 ***************** XTPD Left sash.1 STD sash set 171528-21 2STD OX - sng slid C1 ************* WHI 61988300000000001 6/26/06 Please let me know what part ( parts) I need. And if you can tell me... do I hire a locksmith? Thanks! Elizabeth
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your internal mortise latch looks like our 82-238. Take a look and see if it matches up to yours. As for the key lock, the manufacturer suggests using the 82-310 key cylinder.
A professional from CA says:
They put your outside pull on backwards. It looks like you are missing a couple of screws also. The 82-310 will probably need to be shortened. Use the old one as a guide. I use 2 sets of locking pliers to bend until it breaks. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to use a hacksaw. The hardened metal is very resistant to cutting, but breaks easily with a few bends.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.