Patio Door Replacement locking machanism with no exterior handle or grip.

A home owner from Miami Beach, FL, 33139 USA says:

I have a miller 6 3/8" miller patio door locking mechanism that i cannot find the replacement part for on-line. The part i have has two bolts that go through that are 1 3/4 inch located at the top and bottom. The inside locking mechanism that abuts to the inner frame has a lip at the top and the bottom, but no flush mount, as this is in the door and does not protrude to the outside. Their is no outside handle/grip to this lock. From outdoors you only see the bolt heads. Nothing else shows.

The parts that I see on-line are for locks where there is a handle/grip on the outside of the door.

The interior lock is a chrome piece that is 7 1/4" long by 7/8" wide. The piece that fits into the door itself including the lip sections is 7 1/4" long x 3/4" wide, WITHOUT THE LIP, THE PIECE IS 7 1/8". The lip is 1/2" wide. There are two lips, one at the top and one on the bottom of the interior door piece. The width distance from the interior chrome piece to the outside of the interior door piece is 1" combined.

The two locking pieces are bolted into the door with a bolt/screw that is 1 3/4" long.

Help I don't know where to go.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0815.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hopefully I can help! This one's a bit weird. I've worked on Miller patio doors in the past, but I've never come across one with the long bolts like you show in your photos. Our more common Miller lock is the 82-076, but it does not have the long bolts and I'm not sure if you can adapt it to use them. 

If you are in need of just an outside handle, take a look at the 88-017 pull. See if you can adapt that to be used as an exterior pull. On the inside you could use our 88-001, but again you will need to adapt it to the 6-3/8" hole centers. I'm sorry we can't offer a better solution.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)