Peachtree G2487 window seal replacements

A quick learner from Rhode Island, USA says:
Hello! I have Peachtree windows from the 80's installed in my home. They are "Type A" windows. Looking to replace the seals.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220911_134331951.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220911_134350386.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220911_134401695.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if we have a seal that can work for this. Can you confirm how this installs in the window? Does it push directly in using a ribbed kerf, or does it slide in from the end using a "T" shaped base?

A quick learner from Rhode Island, USA says:
Looks like it's just an adhesive and sticks in the groove of the window
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, we don't sell any adhesive-backed window weatherstripping. We do sell the 58-180, but this is designed for doors and I'm concerned that it would be too big for your application. See its diagram below.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Profile view of 58-180
Profile view of 58-180

A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
Hi - looping back on this thread. These seals are actually not adhesive and appear to slide into a channel. Based on this information, is there another recommended seal for this window?
Profile picture of Tom

That definitely opens up your options, but it brings us back to my original response to you from back on the 15th of September. If it does slide into a channel, we need to see exactly how; that means I need you to remove an undamaged sample and show me a clear shot of the end profile. I can then check our inventory for a match.

I have to stress that the sample must be undamaged. If any part of it is torn off or missing, especially the piece that goes in the window, then we can't help. 

A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
Hey Tom, here is a photo of the seal removed - one shot of the end profile and one of the overall piece. It is a v shape where each side of the v measures 3/8". The side that slides into the window is thinner and the side that seals against the bottom of the sash(?) when the window is closed has a bit of foam in it. Let me know if you need any more info! Thanks for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20231004_004324976.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20231004_004346806.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! This information is very helpful, but it does present us with an issue: we don't sell any weatherstripping that installs the way you describe. 

This kind of window seal usually installs using either a ribbed kerf, which presses straight into a narrow slot, or a kind of "T" strip, which slides into a flat channel from the side. Nothing we sell installs using a leg of the foam itself, unfortunately. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience. This just isn't a style we have available.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.