Pella Window Crank needs changed to folding

A contractor from Mishawaka, IN says:
Hello, We are installing blinds and need the window cranks to fold out of the way. Can I use the 39-403/404 on these windows?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 539277EB-E915-48C4-8F36-2E70B42C25E9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CA2CC810-AA81-4A63-ABA9-C6C81A6E72D4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm hesitant to recommend the 39-403 and 39-403. I think they could work, but Pella products are so weirdly specific. I've been burned before trying to stray from the hardware that was originally installed. As a result I tend to just stick with what was installed originally, just to play it safe.

I understand that that doesn't solve your blinds problems, but to be honest there's no guarantee that going with the 39-403 and 39-404 will, either. In m experience, folding operator handles also get in the way of most blind treatments. In almost every single case I've come across, the solution ends up being installing the blinds further out so that they don't get in the way of the operators. In other words, the blinds have to make way for the window, not the other way around.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.