Phillips 28, 870 series

A home owner from Las Vegas says:
I have an 8 foot slider that needs new rollers. Do I need both top and bottom rollers? What size in inches - 1 1/4, 1 1/2?
Thanks for any hel you can offer!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C85EA8B-297D-44B7-862B-1006B7F2D625.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm afraid that this sticker doesn't tell me anything about what rollers your door uses. There's only one way to know what those are, and that's to take them out ahead of time.

I know that's probably more work than you wanted to put into this, but there is no other way. That's just how patio glass doors are designed to work. We have to see the roller removed and from a view that shows the back end, top, and sides. Dimensions would also be a huge help.

A home owner from Las Vegas says:
Based on theses three (3) photos, which rollers do you think I need?
Additionally, are there 'heavy duty' rollers to accommodate the weight of an 8' sliding glass door that last longer than 15 years?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 867FABF6-082B-4F79-AE12-1D73BFC2A3DA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D191B25F-1796-4EFF-A671-5F683D28654D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2C4317EA-BF5C-4A78-814C-53EEFB411DBF.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! These images are a huge help, though I can't quite make out your precise dimensions. Look at our 81-166S to start out, I think this is what you have but you should review our measurements just to be 100% sure.

As for a heavy duty version, I'm afraid that we don't carry anything like that. I'm not certain that one is made. To my knowledge the only other version of the 81-166S has nylon wheels, which would definitely not be stronger.

Dimensions for 81-166s
Dimensions for 81-166s
A quick learner from Oregon says:
Did these rollers work with the PHP-28 series patio door which the previous customer provided photos of?
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.