Phillips Storm Windows

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:

Part # 95201 looks like what I have on the glass frames of my Phillips windows (circa 1986). They are plastic /vinyl not metal (see photo)

I'd like to order these & new 91-057 & 95-056 latches, but I have to know how to remove the corner keys.

How to would be appreciated.

thanks Dan
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
These are force fit corner keys. You will have to lay the sash on a table and, with a piece of wood and hammer, knock the frame apart. Make sure to do this as carefully as possible. You do not want to break the glass.
A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
So then to follow up. Are the 91-056 & 91-057 the correct latches (L & R) to use with this window & is the 95-201 the correct corner key to use as well. I have these all over my house (10 windows total).

I had a local glass shop who used to replace the latches for me but he said he can't get the parts anymore.

I may buy enough parts to redo all of the windows so I have some stock for when others fail (right now I have 2 or 3 windows that need them badly) & see if he'll do the labor as I'm a bit nervous abut banging the frames apart.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what your hardware is. I would need to know detailed dimensions as compared to our own hardware before I can suggest anything with certainty. That said, you could consider our 91-062 latch, as well as the 95-241 bottom corner and 95-236 top corner. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)