Pivot Shoes/Bars

A home owner from West Chester says:
I have two identically sized windows side by side. I replaced the pivot shoes for the first window using the 15-179 pivot shoe. Pivot shoe fit fine in the sash and with the original pivot bar and all worked well.

The Pivot bar is identical to 26-021 model.

Oddly the other window which is identical to the other window I just repaired has a pivot bar that is sames as 26-352(round end). Different end to the bar. The 15-179 pivot shoe fits fine in the sash but since the builder used a different pivot bar (round end) I can't place the window back in the 15-179 pivot shoe. Any recommendation for another shoe or different pivot bar?

Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since the 15-179 pivot shoe fits, you may want to try the 26-021 Pivot Bar.
Paul, Thank you for your response. The challenge I would have using the 26-021 pivot bar is the distance of the drilled holes is different from the 26-352 pivot bar making it difficult to place the window back in. I was wonder if there is pivot bar with the same end as 26-021 and distances between the drilled as the 26-352 pivot bar or a pivot shoe the same size as the 15-179 shoe but a wider opening that I can slip the round end of the bar I have now that is similar the the 26-021 bar. If it helps here are the pictures of the 15-179 shoe and the old shoe that you can see has a wider opening so I can slip in the round end of the pivot bar. Thank you for your help
User submitted photo of 15-179 and original pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think I may have found a solution. Take a look at the 26-241 pivot bar. I pulled one of the 26-241 pivot bars from the stock and personally confirmed that it works with the 15-179 pivot shoe. Do you think the 26-241 bar will work with your window sash?
Paul, Thanks for you response. This should work. The pivot bar size should fit in the window and the distance between the end and the drilled hole that I need is 1 3/4" which is what the old pivot bar with the round end has, but now the 26-241 bar end will work with the 15-179 shoe. I will order the pivot bars. Thanks again
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.