Pivot lock shoe

A home owner from Minneapolis says:
Would be thrilled if you can pin this down- we did try the SWISCO replacement but it has plastic ridges on the side so didn't sit flush.
We also tried the WRS which fit well, but the metal lock piece was too narrow. See picture but our window piece wouldn't install into it even with some pressure. Our original has grooves in it and is slightly different shaped.
Thank you for your help!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FF90F0F7-5362-46DE-827B-0D9EDC629B40.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D4147614-AC6F-4C5C-AB74-4FA4C931D844.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5C699446-7B49-4995-A108-356C780223E7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B71E6A86-6BB7-4024-830F-3B1DC996A56C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB14BB43-C943-4DC5-96B0-A244AD16E22B.jpeg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting!

Your pivot shoe resembles an older Simonton balance system that is no longer made. We suggest converting to the 15-259 pivot shoe that is compatible with the Series 159 coil springs. Please review the dimensions and the conversion video below for additional parts needed. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

You are amazing. Thank you!!
*What is the best way to pick the weight/balance for the coil? It is for one waist high and one chest high window in our kitchen that we open and close frequently. We are healthy average strength middle aged adults.

It sounds like you may have a moveable upper and lower sash that you need balance assemblies for? You will need to obtain the weight of the window sash that the coils support. You will then take the weight and divide by the total amount of coils on each side of the window. 

I can further confirm, if you are able to provide the weight of the window sash and how many coils are on each side. Thank you! 

Would it be enough to know the old coil is stamped with 408S?

Otherwise the other pictures are all I know about the window.
If I physically weigh it it is 13.4lb.

The old coil screwed into the shoe lock, so I don't think we could use the old coil with the new system.

Hello,

Since the weight of your window sash is 13.4 pounds, we recommend using (1) S159-6 coil on each side of the window channel to support the sash. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.