Plastic Housing for metal butterfly latch

A home owner from USA says:
I need the product code # for the plastic housing that houses the metal butterfly latch product code 70-187.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you mean. The 70-187 should just go right in the frame. Could I see a few pictures of the housing in question? Can I also see the butterfly latches you have now? Thanks!
A home owner from Nazareth says:
Tom, here are the pictures of the parts we need. Hope you are able to help us out.
User submitted photo of their window knife latch.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I recognize this. That plastic part you are asking about is not easy to replace. The real problem comes with the age of the screen. Andersen has changed that plastic part a few times in the past. Can you give us the age of the window the screen is used for? Look on the corner of the glass in the sash, the code number and date should be etched into the glass. With that information we can check to see if the plastic part is still available to fit your screen.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)