Strip to hold screen or glass in door.

A quick learner from Toledo, Ohio says:

This a plastic stripping that goes on both sides of the screen or glass to hold it into the door. Its a U-shaped piece and one side is slightly longer with a rubber edge that snaps into the channel of the inside of the storm door to hold the screen or glass in place.

Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Juralco Storm Door Part.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you show us a picture of this seal's 'end profile'? That cross-section view, along with dimensions, would help us narrow down any possible replacements. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from Toledo, Ohio says:
Hi, thank you for your reply.

The bottom of the U is 1/2" wide. The shorter side of the U is 1/4" and the longer side of the U is 1/2". A 1/4" of the longer side goes into a slot on the door frame.

I put the pieces back in place to hold the screen in place. They're very brittle and break when I try removing them. I'm reluctant to pull one out but I attached a pic that shows the piece in place. This pic shows the longer side of the U. You can see it has a couple grooves in it. The other side of the U and the bottom are both smooth.

Thanks again,

Nick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen door strip.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Nick, does it look at all like the retaining strip shown here? If so, I am afraid Dave's analysis is still correct: we've never found a glazing strip that works right with storm doors, and you'd be better off considering our selection of storm door clips. See the 70-069, 70-071, 70-079, or 70-104. These install using the thumb screws like our 70-112 and 70-160. Look over our measurements and style to see what would be best for your storm door. You would install a couple of these over the length of the door instead of one long strip. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

70-069 : Reverse Clip, short
Reverse Clip, short
70-069
$0.84
VIEW >
70-071 : Deep Reach Clip
Deep Reach Clip
70-071
$0.81
VIEW >
70-079 : Screen Clip
Screen Clip
70-079
$0.49
VIEW >
70-104 : Short Self Locking Clip
Short Self Locking Clip
70-104
$0.33
VIEW >
70-112 : Long Thumb Screw, 8-32 x 9/16
Long Thumb Screw, 8-32 x 9/16"
70-112
$0.32
VIEW >
70-160 : Bronze Short Thumbscrew
Bronze Short Thumbscrew
70-160
$0.49
VIEW >
70-180 : Storm Door Insert Clip
Storm Door Insert Clip
70-180
$1.05
VIEW >
33-020 : #8 x 7/8
#8 x 7/8" Phil Pan SMS Screw SS, Painted
33-020
$0.22
VIEW >
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.