Please help me remove and flip this mortise!

A quick learner from Tennessee says:
The door handles worked opposite - you have to pull up on the lever to operate the door. I'm trying to fix this and have determined that I think the mortise was installed upside down. I have removed all of the screws and the two face plates and handles on the sides, but I can't remove the mortise because the key cylinder (?) won't come out. Can you tell me if there is a trick to removing the key cylinder and/or mortise? Thank you for your help! My mom has lost faith in my ability to complete this repair for her and I want to prove her wrong! I will only be up here visiting her for a few more days so please help soon!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220613_225904019.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220613_225927642.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220613_225855424.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220613_225918228.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

the key cylinder should have a set screw on the side that keeps it in place. Once you remove the screw, it should come out of the mortise and allow you to remove the rest of the hardware.  

If you wind up needing a replacement, take a look at the 40-193 handle set. I think you can use it to patch up your door. It looks similar to yours but it will ultimately depend on how the dimensions compare. You can also watch the video about storm door handles that I've associated for you. Thanks for posting! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.