Please help us Identify this UHO (Unidentified Handle Object)

A quick learner from Miami, FL says:
We went to visit a friend this weekend and they were considering changing out their entire door because one of their handles had broken and they feared the other would soon be following and they wouldn't be able to exit to their backyard.

Could you help us identify with just this bit of detail?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2DED1085-F990-4B7F-AF8C-98F237DE28B4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see no reason why your friend has to change their entire door. It should be pretty simple to just get new handle, though that may only be part of the problem; I'll go into more detail on that in a little bit, let me address what the replacement would be first.

This handle appears similar to our 82-080 at first glance, but it is admittedly hard to confirm that without any further data. My recommendation is to carefully review the design and dimensions for this handle set to see how well they match up. Note that it's specifically designed to work with a mortise lock like our 82-238, so you'll want to check that, too. The handle and mortise have to be compatible.

I'd be happy to confirm those details for you but it would require more photos. I would need to see a side view of the handle base, a picture of the thumb lever tail, and a picture of the mortise lock out of the door. It's up to you, though.

Now, let's talk about why these handles are breaking to begin with. The reason most patio glass door handles break at all is because the rollers are in bad condition; when rollers hang up and don't roll like they're supposed to, the door requires more force to open as a result. With all that pressure put on the handle just to force the door open, it eventually snaps. 

The solution to this is to remove the rollers for cleaning and lubrication. In a worst case scenario, they will be too damaged to repair and will therefore need to be replaced. If this isn't done, any new handles you buy will inevitably break. I highly recommend examining the rollers on this door to ensure that they're in good working condition.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.