Please help with finding the correct Spiral parts

A landlord from Flagler Beach says:
The only marking are triple diamond glass, its aluminum windows hurricane glass. They have all rusted out its difficult to determine what the original configuration of the bottom of the spiral looks like, it must have had a hook to work otherwise it wouldn't have been able to connect to the rail.
thanks,
Brad
Please help with finding the correct Spiral parts
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This is a special kind of balance that will have to be custom made. I would wager that hook is a match for our 15-142. If you agree, can you just confirm the diameter of the outer metal tube? Can you also tell me how many you need?
Yes i believe the the end is a 15-142 part. The outer diameter of the tube is .565 dia. which is a weird size, there are 22 windows of various sizes. from what i can tell its .5 longer from the top of the window to the top of the bottom sill. most are 28" approximately. Can i buy all the parts and assemble with a rivet and soldering maybe, or is there something else that i am missing?
Thanks,
-Brad
Profile picture of Tom
That is a bit of a weird diameter. It should be either 3/8" or 5/8", sometimes 9/16". Make sure to just measure the metal tube, it looks like the white tube is just a cover.
It's 9/16"
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thank you! I think our S600-28 with a blue tip option would be best, then. If you would rather do the work yourself, you can install the 15-142 using a 62-001 rivet. However, we'd be more than happy to do it for you, if you'd prefer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)