Polybau Double Hung Windows

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello Swisco! I purchased Polybau Windows years ago and the part with the triangular shape on the end have nearly all broken off! Now my windows cannot be opened as they 'fall' out of the frames. Do you sell only the piece shown on the bottom of this image, or must I purchase the entire part?

What material are these made of? Curious as these did not last very long :(

Thank you very much!
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This part is known as a tilt latch. We carry a wide selection, which you can see here. There are a lot of possible replacements, and I'm not sure what your exact dimensions are. I recommend browsing through and carefully comparing your measurements to those we show.

I cannot say for sure what material your particular latch is made of. These have been known to break down if exposed to direct sunlight over the course of years. I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done to prevent that.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)