Prism double hung window pivot lock

A home owner from 22801 says:
The nylon part is broken off. The depth is 7/8". I estimate the width to be 1-3/8".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1050088.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1050089.JPG
Profile picture of Michael
Michael from SWISCO responded:

Is it possible for you to send us a picture of an intact pivot shoe? This will help our parts experts better recommend replacement parts for you. 

In the time being, take a look at our 15-155. Compare with your old shoe and see if this matches what you need.

Here are pics of the complete unit with the springs.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1050090.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1050091.JPG

I still believe that the 15-155 pivot shoe is what you need to replace what you have.

Thanks for the information. I ordered the 15-155 and received it. When installing it, the external dimensions were the same, but the slot was smaller. I ground the arm to make it fit. For future reference, is there one with a wider slot?

Ah. Likely your pivot shoe was a similar version to the 15-155, made by Simonton.

This shoe indeed has a different cam, and there are no known pivot bars that will work with it. 

We often suggest just re-using the old cam if it's undamaged; if that can't be done, your solution was really the only other option. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)