Pulte windows circa late 1990s

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
Not only am I unsure of who manufactured their windows, but the allusive manufacturer also seems to want to keep the owner from replacing the shoe. There is no cutout along the track, no cover for a cutout, and the track is pretty well in place. I doubt it would budge (to put in a new shoe) without causing some type of damage.

Any ideas?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2020-09-15 14.15.07.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2020-09-15 14.15.17.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your window does not currently have a cutout, then you will need to make one. We have a video that explains how this can be done, I think it will be helpful to you.

The only other option is to buy a pair of jamb spreaders, but those can be expensive. That turns a $4 project into a $100 one. If you don't plan on repairing a ton of different windows, then that may not be an expense you want.

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
I think I'll opt for creating a cutout; the slides are pretty stout.

Based on the color of the shoe, can you make a recommendation on the replacement parts?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No, the color doesn't tell us much. If you were to tell me how thick it is, though, then I'm very confident I can make an accurate match.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.