REPLACEMENT FOR PATIO DOOR HANDLE

A quick learner from Sparta NJ says:
I need 2 patio door handle sets identical to this. The patio door is a Philips series 870
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I think we can help you replace your Handle Set, but I need just a little more information. Is this handle set a surface mount, with a 'clamping' lock? Or does it interact with an internal mortise lock? Based on your hole spacing I suspect the latter, but I just want to be sure, as I don't see enough in your photo to 100% confirm this. Let us know if this is the case.

If it does indeed interact with a mortise lock, a number of replacements might work. See our 82-020, 82-031, 82-032, or 82-033 to start. Just compare the dimensions with your old parts and see what you think.

This is the back of the handle. It needs to be a duplicate handle. I would need the whole set including the lock.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

What do you mean by duplicate handle? In any case, with this added photo I think you should see our 82-035. If you wish to install a key lock with it, see our 82-315. The video below explains this process.

Sorry. I meant to write I need to buy 2 sets because of I have 2 identical patios doors. One in the kitchen and the other, the basement
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! You know, another possibility for you would be the 82-020 Handle Set, along with either the 82-306 Keyed Outside Pull or the 82-310 Key Cylinder you could install into the outside pull that comes with the 82-020. Did you need a new mortise lock also? If so, see the ones I have associated on this page; one might match your old handle set.  

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)