R/R sliding screen lock

A handy person from Austin, Texas says:

This lock is riveted to the screen door frame. Picture 3 is the inside view of lock and handle. Picture 2 is the internal view of the lock catch that catches the hook ( picture 1) on the door frame. The lock is difficult to unlock. I've used graphite on the lock parts inside the door and urged users to be gentle with closing, locking and unlocking the door.

Can you identify the lock? Is the lock catch "bent" and thus not catching on the hook correctly? Suggestions, including replacement.

(Not time sensitive).

Regards,

Mark 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0469FF59-C778-4FE1-B6D6-F1E1CB8A4F9B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6A89CDE4-0693-4BD3-8267-24AC55C6C19A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8DC1AB49-77C2-4CC0-97C6-7344011AED18.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Mark. Your keeper looks to be in fine condition, so I think we can rule that out as the culprit. Odds are the latch inside the door is damaged in some way, either a bend like you suggested or even detached in some way. These are very rudimentary latch systems so whatever the damage is, it won't be complicated. Replacement is probably your best bet.

As for whether anything we sell can work, there are a lot of options depending on size, especially of the latch. Start by looking at our 84-230 and 84-231 for my picks. Maybe even the 83-116, too. There are others which you can see here.

A handy person from Austin, Texas says:
Thank you for your reply. I will look at the 3 replacement suggestions. I'm guessing I need to take the screen off the track, drill out the rivets, remove the internal lock mechanism, and follow the installation instructions for the new lock.
I am away from the door for a few months; I'll remind people to be gentle as I continue to work on this problem.
Mark
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.