Removing Sash to Replace Malta Weatherstripping

A quick learner from groton ct says:
I have a 1987 house with original windows and would like to know how to remove the sash from the jamb liner so I can replace the weatherstripping. Anyone have a good source for how to do this?

I've looked at this a little closer. They are double hung windows. The pin that connects to the shoe is in the center of the sash. I'm thinking that I need to remove the screen, rotate the sash 90 degrees on the pins axis, then lift one side of the sash. Does that sound familiar?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, you are correct. Check out this video on how to replace window spiral balances for tilt windows. In it, we show how you can remove a tilt sash. While your window may be different, it's the same principal. Check it out and see if it helps.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)