Removing a crank handle

A quick learner from Germantown, New York says:
While I turn the crank handle it appears to turn the gears but the horizontal rod does not turn and the jalousie window will not open or close. I need to remove the crank handle to begin to see what where the malfunction is, and I can't turn the screw in the crank handle. As I've never done this before, I wonder if I'm turing it the wrong way and I'm afraid of breaking the whole devise further if I force it (if I could). The crank handle seems to be operating. It turns both clockwise and counter clockwise and then it stops when it seems to have reached its maxiumum.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward with much thanks for your help and kind consideration.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like your gearing is simply stripped out. This is pretty common once an operator has reached the end of its lifespan. You will need to replace the operator mechanism entirely.

I'm not sure what you have, but you can see our complete selection of jalousie hardware here. There's a very good chance one of these products match what you have now.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)