Repair broken glass in a Alenco window sash

A home owner from Princeton, NJ says:
I have an Alenco window, which is out of business. The glass of a lower sash is broken. Can you find a replacement sash? I have attached some photos of the sash.
Color: white
Material: I believe the sash frame is vinyl, and the glass frame is alumnum but covered with vinyl seal. (photo 1)
Size: 35"(width) x 28 1/2(Hight) x 1 1/8 (thick) (photo 1)
It has a 2x3 grille (photo 1)
It use your tilt latch of 26-243 and 26-244 (phto 2)
I am not sure if it is important, but attached a photo of the pin that snap into the side balance. It is like a "U" tube, 6/16 (L) x 5/16 (W) x 3/16 (H) (photo 3)
User submitted photos of their lower sash of their Alenco window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The good news is that you do not need to replace the whole sash. You only need to have the insulated glass replaced which is a less expensive than having a new sash made. The bad news is that this is not a service you will be able to find online. Bring your lower sash into a window repair shop. They will probably hold onto it for a few days while they have a new insulated glass insert made.
A home owner from Ocala, FL says:
How do you get the slider and the fixed light out of the Alenco single hung frame. I have one of each that are fogging up.


Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Bruce, I would have a glass serviceman come to the house to repair the top sash.
A quick learner from apex nc says:
I'm changing ou the glass in my alenco single hung windows and i need the plastic stop that holds the glass to the frame. Any idea where to get some?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Can you submit a drawing or photo of the profile of the strip you are replacing? We may have what you need. Please include a few measurements if possible.
A quick learner from Bulverde, Texas says:
I have single hung, Alenco aluminum (painted/powder coated white) windows. The bottom sliding window is broken. How do I get the glass out of the frame to have it replaced?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
As Paul said above, you will have to bring your sash in to a glass repair shop.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)