Repair in my window

A home owner from Miami, Florida says:

Dear Friends,

I recently bought this apartment. The windows need some care. Can you guys give me some estimates about the costs to buy the springs if necessary and the Weather-strip, Adhesive Backed.

Can you also send a video in "You Tube" or not with the best way to disassembly and repair this model of window?

I am sending some photos, in case you need more details, please tell me, I will send you more.

Regards,

Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6190.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6191.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6188.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6189.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I believe we can help you find repair parts for this window, but I want a little more information to be able to help. Could you show us any attachments at the end of the spiral rod, at the bottom of the window? That will help us identify what you need and what to do. Many thanks.

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your help.
I am sending some photos, as you asked for.

Regards,

Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6192.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6193.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6194.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6195.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6196.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me, Bob. I believe you're working with a Series 500 Spiral Balance. Look over all the specifications and see if this checks out. You will also need the 17-007 Bracket. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your help.

Do you have the Weather-strip, Adhesive Backed?

Also do you have a video in (You Tube ??) showing me the best way to disassembly and repair this model of window?

Regards,

Bob
Profile picture of Bob

I'm afraid we don't have any adhesive-backed weatherstrip for windows, sorry for the inconvenience. We don't have a video for removing spiral balances for this type of window, but the steps involve having someone hold the sash up for you while you the spiral balances from the bottom of the window. You then lower the sash and then unscrew the top of the balance. You then must do your best to pull it out from the top. This can be a tricky process; these old-style balances were not meant to be replaced. It can be done, but it will require some deft and an extra hand. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Dear Bob.
Thanks for your help. Do you have the specification of my window, to have a way to look for in the internet?
Best Regards,
Roberto
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Roberto, I'm afraid we don't have any literature on these builder's grade windows. Nor do I think there's going to be a lot of information about them elsewhere. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)