Replace center drawer guide

A quick learner from California says:

I'm trying to replace the center drawer guide on the bottom dresser for a dillingham mid century dresser. I purchased the 32-063.

I'm running into two items;

- trouble getting the right height for the center drawer to get it to run smoothly and

- alighting the front of the drawer panel with the other drawers.

Also...any thoughts on how to use the guides?

Thank.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1229F7D9-3077-4A50-BC33-531B061DE721.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D2866D10-A978-496A-8C79-04AE95347213.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C06A31F3-6533-41CD-A40C-B03367C46694.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3A6A6CB4-8217-4E6B-B2C9-130E5336E21B.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Just last year I used the 32-063 drawer kit on my dresser at home, which is similar to yours. What I had to do was adjust the rear drawer guide (32-133) at the back of the dresser. You might need to raise it or lower it depending on what you need to line up your drawer. Try that out and let me know if it helps. That could potentially solve both issues you mentioned.

What if the rear drawer guide (32-133) was not used? The original center drawer guide was installed to the bottom of the dresser cabinet. The rear drawer guide would need to be cut and adjusted.
There is no clearance to use the rear drawer guide (32-133). I used a paint stick to raise the rail height to match the height of the original wood guide. I think this was less than an 1/8th of an inch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure why you're have difficulty installing our drawer kit. The 32-133 is not a "guide," per se, it's the rear bracket that secures the track to the back of the dresser. I don't see anything in your photo that would prevent it from working. Is the track too long? You might need to cut the drawer track. I'd also recommend watching our tutorial video just in case.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)