Replacement Channel Balances

A home owner from Charlottesville VA says:
I'm trying to replace 26", 30", and 36" channel balances in my Binnings vinyl windows, originally installed in 1998. The balances appear to be made by BSI.

I have previously used your type 775 balances for this application. I ordered series 775 Option 3000 and Option 3600 with 1-1/4 inch shoes (please see copy of my order below).

It looks like you no longer sell type 775 this way. You now require a size and option letter which reflects the weight of the sash, along with the shoe size.

I need replacements as follows:

-Binnings 32x60 window, 30-inch balance, 16.5 lb sash. Balance is marked "3000".

-Binnings 36x52 window. 26-inch balance, 19 lb sash. Balance is marked "2600".

-Binnings 36x60 window. 30-inch balance, 19 lb sash. Balance is marked "3000".

-Binnings 36x72 window, 36-inch balance, 28 lb sash. Some balances are marked "3600" and some are marked "3601".

What do you recommend? Thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! You can actually look up the proper option on each balance's respective store page. We have a chart on each page telling you how much weight each option supports.

For the 30" balances on both the 16.5 pound and 19 pound sashes, I recommend the 30B option in each case. For the 26" long balance on the 19 pound sash, I recommend the 26B option. Finally, for the 36" long balance for the 28 pound sash, I recommend the 36D option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)