Replacement Handle

A home owner from Hanson,Ma. says:
Our door is almost 2" wide, the outside handle is broken at the cast were the screw enters. My wife would like to replace all w/ new striker and keyed eatery. ??
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You say your door thickness is 2", which is a little odd. Normally these handles and lock sets are used on doors that are 1-5/8" thick.

That said, take a look at the following handles and lock sets: 82-035, 82-218, and 82-309. My concern is that you might need to purchase the 82-310 key cylinder and cut the tail to the size you need. I'm not sure the key cylinder tail in the 82-309 will be long enough. What you could do is measure up the thumb turn lever on the inside part of the handle and the existing key cylinder you now have and compare them to ours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)