Replacement Springs

A handy person from NY says:
I'm very happy i found your site, i've been looking for replacement springs for our windows now for a while. I'm hoping you can confirm the spring required. From your picutres it looks like I will need the Series 175 Coil Balance in Bronze, unless i'm incorrect, i'm just unsure what length would be required. I need quite a few of them as well, probably 14 or so are bad. Thank you in advance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Assembled-Lower.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Assembled-Upper.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Full-Assembly-Uninstalled.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your photos appear to match the 15-180 balance shoe, which is compatible with the S190-740 coil springs. Take a look at the product's specifications to confirm. Thanks for posting! 

A handy person from NY says:
Wow, your accuracy with the Coil Balance Shoe is extremely impressive. I took some measurements of an existing one and the only different I can find is the height of mine is 1 7/8" not 2". One question about that, if I needed to replace the Coil Balance Shoe, is the 7/8" difference of any concern? Of course the springs I need are more expensive. Seems my dumb luck with this home everything is more. LOL. Thanks for your time. I'll be processing an order for the springs soon.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

If the shoe is damaged at all, that could account for the height discrepancy but as long as the width and thickness match, the 15-180 pivot shoe would still work for you. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

A quick learner from NY says:
Thanks again, I made the purchase yesterday for the springs and went over all of the (hardware) plastic components. All appears to be in working shape so for now I'm great, If there's any other component failures I have everything i need now to purchase the correct parts from you in the future. Thanks again for your help and expertise!
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.