Replacement T-Shoes/locks needed

A home owner from New York says:

Hello,

My window balancers are inverted balances with T-locks and are stamped with the number "27B" as shown. I need 6 replacement T-locks to repair 2 window sashes and keep an extra pair in reserve.

The T-locks have the top anchoring portion broken away (~14 year-old windows) and I need to know if your 15-195B part will work with these balancers.

I measured the existing T-lock and it looks to be very close to the diagram you have on the site. The width I measure = 0.473", which is slightly wider than the 15/32 (0.469") specified in your part diagram.

Can you confirm these are the correct replacement parts, please?

Many thanks,

Dominic 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1-IMG_1274.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1-IMG_1276.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry a version of your pivot shoe that has an open cam and the groove in the stem needed for it to attach to the balance channel. You can use the 15-195B but you will need to replace both balances in your window with the S795-27 (27B). These balances come with the 15-195, so you'll need to purchase the 15-195B as well to swap out the t-locks by following the video below. 

It looks like your original balances use the same type of screw clip at the end of the pulley cord to attach the balance to the top of the window jamb, but you should double-check just to be sure. Thanks for posting! 

A quick learner says:

HI -- Thanks so much for the excellent info; I have ordered 2 pair of the new balances and the closed cam T-locks as noted. Looking forward to getting these windows all fixed up!

Best regards,

Dom

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.