Replacement Window Balancer for Republic Window with Tilt out Sashes

A quick learner from Iowa City Iowa says:

I would like to confirm that the S770-28 with the 28E strength is the correct window balancer to order. The primary difference between the old balancer (see pictures) and your S770-28 is the old balancer attaches with an S-clip versus a screw. I would also like to know whether you recommend also replacing the pivot shoes. The original parts were installed in 2006. I am assuming you accept al major credit cards for payment.

Thank you!

Bob 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220813_112018.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balancer
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Bob.

I can't confirm if this is the S770 without seeing the entire balance but if you're confident it is, this would need to be a custom order since your balance uses an S-Clip like our 19-029 or 19-030 to attach to the window jamb. Note, custom orders are nonrefundable. You can also reuse your pivot shoes if they're in working order. 

With that said, I'm going to email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) S770-28 balances, stamped 28E, and with a rivet in the top hole that you can use to place an order on our website. You can reuse your old s-clips, or buy new ones separately. See our 19-029 or 19-030.

If you have any questions just let me know!

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.