Replacement balance

A quick learner from Elyria Ohio says:
Attached are better images of the part that is needed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tention Rod.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tention Rod 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tention Rod 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Double Pane Window.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our Series 351 or Series 390, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
A quick learner from Elyria Ohio says:
measured the shoe and it is 1 inch so based on you recommendation I need a S351 Balance. Just wanted to know if there is a difference of tension on the balances that would make it easier to open and close a window, dealing with seniors here.
Also I am including a picture of a sash guide do you have those as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balancer guide.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balancer guide 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

When it comes to determining balance tension, you want to pick the stamp that best covers your current sash weight. We have a chart on each balance's store page that you can use to confirm this. It's important to note, however, that a stronger balance is NOT a better balance. If the spring is too strong then the windows will be harder to close and may even drift open on their own. Too weak and you have the opposite problem: the window will be harder to open and will drift close on its own. 

If you want your windows to be easy to open then you want the stamp to match your sash weight exactly. Not too strong, not too weak. 

Concerning this other piece you show here, that appears to match our 18-142

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.