Replacement bubble seal for wood windows

A handy person from Parker, CO says:
I need 250 lf of bubble seal to replace existing seal on 18 windows. The seal is a single fin foam filled plastic tubing that seals the air gap of horizontal sliding and single hung wood windows. The fin is .25 inches into a .1 inch kerf, and the tube is .25 wide and .375 tall, but the age (18 years) makes it difficult to be exact. The distance from the kerf to the window is about .16 inches.

Does the 58-053 seem to be the correct replacement?

Thanks, Paul

On cutting a cross section the asymetry really shows up in this piece. What do you think?
Customer image of their foam filled bubble seal.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your weather stripping does not look familiar to me. However looking at the measurements, our 58-056 might work for your application.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I think SWISCO product code 58-053, Bubble Seal, is more along the lines of a good replacement, especially for a window application.
A handy person from Parker, Co says:
Thanks Donna, I'm going to try the 58-053. It's really the only thing I've seen in the market that looks close. / Paul
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)