Replacement coils springs and shoes

A quick learner from 06905 says:
Hi, I'm looking to replace some snapped coil springs on 20 year old U.S. Window Factory windows. I removed a spring and shoe from the working side on one of the broken windows to take photos. Please provide replacement part suggestions. Right now I need 10 sets of shoes and coils for this size window. Some of the smaller windows need replacements also but I'll remove and send photos of those windows once I have these done. Two questions:

1) while the very top of the tracks have a removable cover that reveals an opening wide enough to remove the spring and shoe, every window has a screw right in the middle of the track that blocks the shoe and spring from sliding up to the top of the track. The screw is slotted and can be backed out but not easily removed, so I cut the track at the location where the spring was mounted to allow me to remove the spring, cover and shoe. My question is, I'm not thrilled with cutting the track, but it seems a fairly common way to remove the parts, is there a better way?

2) for general maintenance, what do you recommend to lubricate the tracks and shoes?

Thanks, Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210906_155034.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210906_155012.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210906_154309.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210906_154255.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210906_154216.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Bob.

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. Take a look at our 15-199 pivot shoe, which uses the Series 160 and Series 165 coil balances. Compare our dimensions to yours and see if this matches what you need. 

It sounds like you removed your hardware from the window via the cut-out method. Take a look at the video below on a different method for removing your pivot shoe. As for lubrication, you can use silicone spray. It will keep the track clean, whereas an oil-based lubricant would catch dirt.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.