Replacement crank for casement window

A contractor from Kingwood, TX says:
We found an old stained glass casement window
The window opens, closes and locks fine. The problem is we have to use our fingers to turn the crank. Please let us know if you have a handle that would work.
User submitted a photo of a window crank.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm not sure what handle you could need without more information. What is the size of the spline on your old handles? You could start your search with our 39-114L or 39-205, each of which have an 11/32" spline.
A contractor from Kingwood, TX says:
I don't know how to measure spline and i don't know what spline refers to. the part that the handle fits on is about 1/4 inch in diameter and approximately 5/8 inch long.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, that would be the piece that it goes on. Are you sure it's 1/4"? That's pretty small. Are you making sure to account for the ridges in your measurement as well?
A quick learner from Everett, WA says:
We just bought a house with the same issue... the spline is too small for 11/32, or even 5/16. I'd guess (and the measurement matches) that I need 1/4 inch Inner Diameter crank.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
A 1/4" spline is very unusual, it is normally used on Mobile home window operators. Please send us some photos of your existing operator spline and, if you have one, a handle from another window for us to look at. That could help us identify the parts you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)