Replacement latch part needed

A quick learner from Winston, Ga says:

I am trying to identify the latch. However, I don't know how it comes out as they are very brittle. I have broken some of the good ones trying to remove them. What I need are flush mount replacements, but there are no place for the screws to screw in b/c of the big slot in the center. Do you sell ones that screw to the side? If so, does the old one have to be removed b/c it sticks up?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Measured Latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window with latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window without latch.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your tilt latch looks very similar to our 26-393. Look this pair over and let me know if you agree.

These don't screw in, they just plug in. I don't think we carry anything that works how you describe. These have to plug into a very specifically sized slot, so you don't really have a lot of room to use a substitute. You are pretty much stuck using this type of latch, at least for this sash.

The video below explains how these install.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.