Replacement of Malta Screen Clips

A home owner from Chicago Area says:
Your video shows installing the Malta screen clips requiring the entire screen to be rebuilt. Is there an easier way to do this without having to go through all hat work? I have a number of screens where just one of the clips are broken.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

There isn't an easier way to install the 70-048, but you may be able to use something like our 70-204 as a replacement.  I've known some homeowners with Malta screens to use this in a pinch. Normally, two of these latches are installed into the sill; just two per screen. I suggest using a little caulk when installing the screw to help keep water from getting under the aluminum sill. Just place the new holes near where the original screen clip was, and you should be good.

A home owner from Chicago Area says:
Thanks for the response to my question. I do have a follow-up. As you know the 70-048 clips into the window track of the upper window. If I was to use the 70-204 as a replacement option to the 70-048, I was wondering if I could use it on the sides of the screen similar to the 70-048 and you had a clip that could be inserted into the window track to hold the latch in place as an alternative to having to insert the nail into the sill?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I am sorry, I can't find any other replacement parts similar to the 70-048. To install the Malta screen clip, you may be able to get away with just by puling up the screen retainer at the location you need to install it without removing the screen cloth. As for the 70-204 clip and screw, if you have room on the side of the screen, you may be able to install that clip. Let us know if this helps and get back to us if you have any more questions.

How to install a Malta screen frame latch
How to install a Malta screen frame latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.