Replacement part and procedure for screen latch

A home owner from Hamden CT says:
I need to replace this part. I assume it is called a screen latch. I don't know the manufacturer of the vinyl windows. I am not sure how to remove and then reinstall this part. Is there a special tool? The windows are tilt out, double paned, argon gas type which I have had for about 10 years.
I really appreciate your help :)
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Cathy. This looks like our 90-026. Check it out and see what you think. Now, this comes with screws, but yours appears to be riveted in. You're going to have to drill it out in order to remove it, but then you can simply screw in the 90-026, if you believe this is a match.
A quick learner says:
Just a little concerned about the screw. This has to turn to secure the screen and then open to allow the screen to be raised. Should it be replaced with another rivet? I don't have access to the other side of the rivet.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure, you can use a rivet if you want to.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)