Replacement spindle

A quick learner from Plum says:
I need a replacement spindle for a Wright Storm Door that fits a 1 3/4" door. Will 40-038 work?
This is the spindle that is too short. It is 1 1/4" long for a door 1 1/8" thick. I need a replacement spindle that can be cut to a 1 3/4" door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0612.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a spindle that matches yours. The 40-038 seems similar in function, but the head is different enough that I don't know if it will work as a substitute. 

Would it be possible to see a picture of the handle set itself? Seeing as how you have a storm door, it's possible you have an older type that isn't made anymore. Replacing the whole handle set may be your only recourse. 

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.