Replacement weatherstripping for vinyl windows

A handy person from Fredonia, NY says:
I'm trying to replace the weatherstripping for my vinyl double-hung windows.
the old strip measures 3/16 by 3/16 with a center vinyl strip (actually 2, side by side). Do you sell this type. If not, how important are the center vinyl strips? Can I substitute the 58-002 or the 58-127?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Can you send us a photo or drawing of the profile of your existing weatherstripping? This would help us understand exactly what you are trying to replace.
A quick learner from Fredonia, NY says:
How's this?
User submitted photo of wool pile weathestripping.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The center vinyl strips are known as "fin seal." Although the 58-002 Wool Pile does not have a fin seal, I don't think it would be much of an issue for you application.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)