Replacement wheels

A quick learner from west palm beach says:
I recently replaced my sliding door rollers the door opens to our pool and they promptly failed, I was hoping to replace with a tandem style water resistant type of roller? I have some pics of the old rollers, Thanks Robert
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to look to see if there is a nylon or a stainless steel version of the roller you are looking for. Attach your pictures to a reply post.
A quick learner from west palm beach says:
I have a sliding glass door that opens to our pool and just replaced the rollers, which became wet and stopped working, I would be interested in getting some ball bearing, water resistant tandem style wheels for this door I have the original set that I replaced, I'll enclose some pics, Can you give me some prices and options etc.
Thanks Robert
Customer image of their sliding glass door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Look at our rollers 81-038 & 81-057 in nylon. See if one of them will work for you. Please note having patio doors near a pool will shorten the life span of a roller.
A quick learner from west palm says:
Thanks, I am leaning towards replacing the wheels with your 81-241 Stainless steel wheels, these are the same size and hopefully easier rolling and corrosion resistant, how are the axles re-installed? Thanks Robert
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I would not suggest that. You are better off changing the the complete housing. I only replace the wheel when housing is not available. In your case, if the 81-038 or 81-057 match your roller that is what I would do. If you are afraid of corrosion use some grease on the roller before you reinstall it.
A quick learner from west palm says:
I just am so tired of removing these doors to fix these rollers and i want them to open with as little effort as possible, I was hoping the stainless steel would be made to a more precise tolerance and roll better, solving both my problems. Is the complete assembly available with s/s rollers? Thanks
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately yours and our rollers (81-038 & 81-057), have the roller riveted to the wheel housing. You would have to drill out the old rivet and install 81-241 roller with a new rivet. Finding the correct size rivet could be a problem.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)