Replacement window cranks

A quick learner from Montreal, QC says:
I am looking to replace a window crank. I have looked at what you have one your website and Window Dyad Crank, 5"
Product Code: 39-089
comes close, but it looks like it is missing one piece to the window.

Can you advise. Thanks.


User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Actually, I think you might have the 39-188 and 39-187 instead. Now, I know these looks almost exactly like the 39-089 and 39-090, but there is a difference, it's just hard to spot. The key is in the gear arm. The gear arm for the 39-187 and 39-188 has more of a "W" shape, while the gear arm for the 39-089 and 39-090 looks like it has more of a "Z" shape. I know, I know, it's kind of a goofy way to do it, but when you've stared at these parts for as long as I have, it becomes a little easier to see.

I'm not sure what you mean when you mention a missing piece, though. What is missing, exactly?
A quick learner from Montreal says:
I guess I reply here.

The straight arm from the window mount to the window - bottom - slightly rusted. I guess this is a separate piece from the crank assembly. "Someone" got angry and through the whole lot out. Can you provide a product code for that as well?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you're talking about the hinge. Check out our 36-013-10 and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)