Replacing 70-211 Screen Clip

A handy person from Maine says:
I need to replace screen clips on my screens because the broke off due to age. I noticed a piece of the clip is still between the frame. It is the end piece of the smaller part of the clip; the piece that would align to the hold to attach the two pieces.
Would I need a tool to remove this piece?

thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have replaced these many of times. What I actually use is a set of long nose pliers or a flat screw driver to pry open the frame a little. That way, you can remove the old clip "blade" piece. After the old is removed, install the new piece and squeeze down the frame, but not too tight. After that you just snap in the turn handle part of the clip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)