Replacing a Silver Line Swinger Window Channel Balance

A home owner from Edison,NJ says:
Hi, I have a single hung window with 2 channel balances. The one on the right has the stamp of 2230 and one on the left 2240. The right has top and bottom shoe attached, the left side only has the top attachement. After looking at the pics I figured it's a 23" 730 balance. Ordering the right balance is no problem. How do I order the left balance 2240 without the bottom shoe. Also, how do I replace the left balance as the window has 2 hinges on the left side (pic 2). I also need the replacement top latch. Not sure what the part number is. It's black in color that holds the window within the track when opening and closing (Pic toplatch).
user submitted photo of latch
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you have old Silver Line Swinger Window, which are no longer made. I do believe we have the replacement parts you are looking for.

You are correct about your odd balances. One balance will have shoe and the other balance will not. Fill out this form to receive a quote for a custom made S730 balance without the shoe. After you submit this form, the form will be processed by us and you will be emailed a link that will allow you to place this custom balance in your shopping cart (this way you can add the other things you will need into your shopping cart and order everything at once).

The item in the picture is our 18-027 top tilt latch.

The hinges should be our 15-058, but compare your hinge to the product picture. If the 15-058 does not match up to your hinge take a look at the other hinges available in the balance shoe section of our catalog. You can also submit a picture of your hinge if you would like us to take a look at it and recommend a replacement hinge for you.
Paul, thanks for the quick response. I have filled out the order form as mentioned for custom balance without the shoe. Question I have is how do I replace the left side balance. Do I also have to replace the hinges in order to replace the channel balance. Hinges are perfectly fine. How do I take the balance out. Replacing right side is simple. Altogether I need to replace 7 left and 7 right side balance along with the few top tilt latch. Appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Paul
I do not think you'll need to remove the sash to replace the balances; just swing the sash open. However, if you do need to remove the sash, use a small nail to push up the hinge pin to un-hook it from the frame.
Paul, Not to be pain but I was thinking, would I be able to use the balance on the left(2240) with the shoe even though the current balance is without.
Profile picture of Paul
I am not really sure, I have not personally tried it before. You could order the balance with a shoe and if it does not work, you could then drill out rivet to remove shoe.
A home owner from Edison, NJ says:
Paul, any idea how long before I get the quote for the right side 2240 balance without the shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I just checked our customer channel balance order system and I do not see the form you filled out. I do not see any form submissions with your email address.

Sorry for the trouble, but can you please fill out the form again. You can respond back here after you fill it out and I will check our system to make sure we have received it and that it is processed right away.
Mike, I have resent the form again. The same one that was suggested by Paul within this thread. Please let me know once received.
Profile picture of Tom
I have received the form and have processed your request. An ordering link will be emailed to you. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Mike, appreciate your help. I have placed the order.
Mike, looks like I have received the wrong balances(2240) for the left side. The 2240 are without top and bottom shoes. While I needed the 2240 balance without only bottom shoe. When I first posted the thread I had asked on 'how to' order the left side balance (2240) without the bottom shoe. I submitted the link that was provided to for the special order thinking that it would come with top shoe as replied by Paul. The right side balances 2230 are fine which required both the shoes. Also the latches are fine. I can't install and finish the job without the 2240. Please help as what needs to be done. Appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Tom
I looked into what happened right away this morning and it looks like the work order for your custom balance was interpreted as 'no attachments' instead of 'no shoe'. I am really sorry for this inconvenience. I redid the work-order and personally visited our workshop to make sure your order will be put together correctly this time. An amend package will leave our facility today at no additional cost to you. To make up for this inconvenience I have credited you the cost of shipping of your original order. You will receive an email later today regarding the credit and your the tracking number of your amend package.

Again I apologize for this mistake. Please let me know if you have any concerns or if there is anything else I can help you with.
Mike, Really appreciate your quick turnaround in this matter. What would you like me to do with 5 balances that are received without any attachments. Would the new shipment will have the return box. Once again this is the first dealing with your team and I have to say I am very pleased with the exceptional customer service. 2 thumbs up.
Profile picture of Tom
I just spoke with Paul and he personally sent you out an email (within the last hour) with the tracking number and instructions on how to return the incorrect balances. Let me know if you do not receive this email or if you have any questions.

I shared your kind words with Paul and we both really appreciate them! Happy customers make busy Monday mornings a lot easier.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.