Replacing a 84-006 roller with a 84-031 roller

A quick learner from Florida says:
My current sliding screen doors have 84-006 type rollers which don't roll easily and the spring often breaks. I would like to use ball bearing rollers and it looks like the 84-031 type would work except for the locator pin. Could I drill those out? Would the 1/32 difference in spring width be an issue? would rust be a problem (I am in Florida)?

thanks,
Gabe
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning Gabe,

Have you seen the 84-006S roller? The 84-006S is the same roller as the 84-006 except that it features a steel ball-bearing roller.

Unfortunately this style roller is currently not available in stainless steel so it is possible for this roller to rust. Since you live in Florida and you are worried about rust I would stick with the nylon wheel. Plus, it always better to stick with the closest possible replacement roller to the original roller.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.