Replacing a lever handle with a square spindle

A quick learner from Oreland PA says:
I'd like to replace the inside handle on my out-swinging screen door. Currently it's a lever handle both inside and out and I want the inside handle to push. Holes are 1 3/4" apart, and between them is a bigger hole with a square spindle. Will this handle accommodate the spindle? Also do I need a new strike?

I'd also consider a whole new handle set, but the door has 4 holes, all 1 3/4" apart, plus the spindle hole between the top two. So I'd need a unit with matching holes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I prefer a push handle on the inside and lever on outside. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we don't have this exact handle set, but I think you could use our 40-152 as a replacement. The inside handle is a push type, like you requested, however the outside handle is a pull type. Would that be okay? Otherwise, I think this could work in your door quite well.

A quick learner from Oreland PA says:
Thanks. What about if I just replaced the inside push lever? Do you have one of those that would accept the square spindle and has holes 1 3/4" apart?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We do have the 40-145 push handle, but it takes a 3/16" spindle. I believe your inside handle is more like the 40-150, which takes a 5/16" thick spindle, but it's a turn lever. I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a push lever that can accept a spindle of that size.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.