Replacing latch handle with key lock

A home owner from Faribault, MN says:
I have an sliding door with a handle marked Ferndale, MI, style # 1540 - so I traced it to Swisco. The handle dates to about 1992 and it recently snapped off. I need to replace it with a keyed lock now and want the best quality. I am working with a locksmith. Do you think he will be able to replace my old latch lock with 82-034? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that information does not tell us what handle you have. The best way to determine if the 82-034 can match is to carefully compare our pictures and information to your existing hardware. If you're still not sure, please show me a picture of your handle set and we can work from there. We will also need your dimensions as compared to the 82-034.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)