Reusing Forever screen spline

A home owner from Oceanside, NY says:
I Have a EMCO Forever View Storm Door with a Flat Screen Spline which measures 13/32" wide. I was wondering 2 things 1)that when replacing the screen, can the spline be saved and reused? 2) is the tool 75-019 used for that application? Please advise
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I have seen people have a difficult time reusing the rigid 55-109 screen spline. A lot of times it curls up and the locking edges don't hold down the screen wire. Also keep in mind this only works with regular fiberglass screen wire. It won't hold in aluminum or pet proof heavy fiberglass screen wire. As for the tool, you can use our 75-019 to install it, yes.
A quick learner from Livonia Michigan says:
Two questions.
1 Can I use the foam spline for installing aluminum screen.
2 Once I form the channel in the screen frame. Do I trim the screen before I install the spline or after the spline has been installed.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If your screen frame is using round spline, you can use the foam spline with the aluminum screen wire. With aluminum wire, you don't want a large overlap. Maybe 1" give or take, or else you will cut the wire as you roll it in the screen channel. You would trim the wire after you roll in the spline.
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
VIDEO
WATCH >
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.