Roller track cover

A handy person from Wisconsin says:

I have an older Miller California patio door that takes roller 81-264. I am looking for the cover for the lip the roller runs on, as mine let go and now the rollers get hung up on two low spots that the cover corrected. Do you have a replacement for this application, and if so, how well do they stay in place?


Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, pat! A track cover is probably the most economical way to repair a bad track. I recommend that you take a look at our 80-103 Small Sliding Door Track Cover, or maybe our 80-100 Large Sliding Door Track Cover. You should see what kind of clearance you have.

When I install a track cover, I like to file down the bad spots a little so the dips aren't so bad. Next, if needed, I cut and fit the cover and install two small set screws on both ends so not to interfere with the rollers. The weight of the door will keep the center portion of the track cover down. Some contractors use epoxy to fill in the dips and low spots, but that can get messy. It's up to you.

You may also want to see our tutorial video on how to install track covers. This should grant you some more insight.
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:

Thanks for the info and quick response. It is much appreciated.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)