Roto Hinges and Parts

A home owner from New Jersey says:
My casement window has Roto Hingle, the mark is on the plastic at bottom part of the hinge. The window is right hinged. I need to get this part or replacement part. Only the lower part of hinge is broken (the plastic is broken where the metal is connected). What is the part number to order and prices?

Please also let me know part number of the whole set including the cranking device
and the pricing.

If you can also advise why it is so difficult to open the window and I have to crank the window so hard to force open?

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that black part cannot be replaced by itself, but see our 36-013-10 hinge set. You may be able to use this to replace the entire hinge assembly. If you also need the operator, operator arms, and operator connecting bracket, see the list of parts that I've related to the right side of this page.
A quick learner from Chicago says:
I just wanted to chime in and say I used 36-013-10 to replace my Roto branded HG04-2001 hinge set that also had the black plastic piece broken.

I followed the SWISCO youtube video and everything went well except that I had the placement slightly off, which left a slight gap on the closing side and caused the latch to miss. Took it down, moved the arm about 1/16" and put it back up. Works great.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)