Roto Window Parts

A handy person from NJ says:
1. Casement Operator left side. Please confirm. Black plastic part with two visible screws under the Casement Operator bar. It slides into sliver piece and connects bottom hinge. Left side.
2. Left side top of window, black plastic part that slides into silver piece and connects top hinge.
Image 3 and 4 which shows hinge connection on the top left side window itself. Do I need part # 36-013-10?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 39-091 and 39-092 Roto operators, I believe these are what you need. As for the black slider, I'm afraid it's not available by itself. As you mentioned, you will need a new hinge entirely, and we find the 36-013-10 you picked out to work well for Roto windows. However, you will need to replace it on both the top and the bottom.
A handy person from NJ says:
Thanks for the response.

Which part numbers are for left opening windows for the part numbers above.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
"Left" and "Right" handed operators are actually defined differently from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some companies define it by what side the operator sits on, others define it by what side the handle sits on, while others may define it by the direction in which the window opens. There really is no industry standard.

The best way for you to determine what operator you need is to compare your hardware to the pictures we have on our site. Does the arm face the same direction? What side are the gears on? What side has the bore?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)